In 1905, the Wiener Werkstätte (Vienna Workshops) began producing printed and woven textiles, many designed by artists such as the Austrian painter, Gustav Klimt (1862–1918). For nearly thirty years, the workshops produced refined and graphically elegant designs, distinctive in their use of flat shapes and bold colors and often incorporating geometric and floral motifs. This patterned pen is based on an eye-catching textile in the Museum’s collection, which was originally designed by Klimt about 1920.
Ballpoint, black ink. Twist action. Brass barrel and clip with printed lacquer and silver overlay. 4 1/2''L. Gift boxed.
Refillable. Uses D1 refill.