Our innovative Lion Heads Bracelet Watch is adapted from an original nineteenth-century American hinged bracelet in the Museum’s collection. Notably, the design of this bracelet with its lion-head terminals is a copy of an ancient bracelet excavated in Cyprus in 1876 by Luigi Palma di Cesnola, who was named the Metropolitan Museum’s first director in 1879. The American version was developed with a hollow design that terminates in two cast lion heads decorated with ruby- colored glass eyes. This bracelet adapts this design adding a watch cleverly hidden in one of the lion’s heads.
18K gold overlay with Czech crystals and a mother-of-pearl dial. Quartz movement. Inner circumference: 6''; Lion heads: 7/8''W.