Our watch design is based on a covered cup and saucer (1755–56) in the Museum’s superb collection of Sèvres porcelain. Decorated by Louis-Jean Thévenet (active 1741–78), it features sprays of gold flowers against the famous turquoise ground called bleu céleste
, contrasted with colored flowers against a white ground.
Resin case. Resin link bracelet. Ceramic face, made with SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS. Quartz movement. Case: 1 3/4'' diam.; inner circumference: 7 1/2''L (adjustable).
- Resin case
- MADE WITH SWAROVSKI® ELEMENTS
- Resin link bracelet
- Ceramic face with Swarovski™ crystals
- Quartz movement
- Case: 1 3/4'' diam.; inner circumference: 7 1/2''L (adjustable)
Art HistoryThe Sèvres porcelain factory, established in 1740 in the château of Vincennes just outside Paris, quickly became the preeminent producer of porcelain in Europe. Supported in its early years by the patronage of Louis XV, the factory became known as the manufacture du roi in 1753 and was purchased by the king in 1759. Catering in large part to the tastes of the Court, the factory strove for constant innovation and originality throughout the eighteenth century, frequently employing the leading artists and designers of the day to provide models and inspiration for the factory’s artisans.