eGift Certificates and Store Credit
Gift Cards, eGift Certificates, and Store Credit
Met Store Gift Cards can be purchased and redeemed at any of our US store locations. Met Store eGift Certificates are no longer sold, however if you have an existing eGift Certificate, it can be redeemed online at store.metmuseum.org. For more information, please see our FAQs.
Terms & Conditions
- Gift Cards and eGift Certificates cannot be returned or cancelled after purchase, and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Gift Cards may only be redeemed at US Met Store locations. eGift Certificates may only be redeemed at our website, store.metmuseum.org.
- Protect your Gift Card or eGift Certificate: the bearer is responsible if it is lost or stolen.
- eGift Certificates can only be redeemed by the owner of the email address entered during order placement. The Met Store cannot redirect or refund eGift Certificates sent to an incorrect email address.
- Any unused eGift Certificate balance will be placed in the recipientís account with The Met Store and is not transferable. Your balance can be viewed at any time in the 'My Account' section of The Met Store website, under Order History.
- If a purchase exceeds the amount of the Gift Card or eGift Certificate, you must pay the balance using another form of payment accepted by The Met Store.
- Gift Cards, eGift Certificates, and store credits expire five years from the date of issue, where permissible under applicable law. Once expired, The Met Store is unable to extend the expiration date under any circumstances, and is obligated to remit the value of unredeemed eGift Certificates to New York State.
- If you return an item purchased using a Gift Card in store, you will receive store credit for the amount returned. If you cancel an order or return an item purchased using an eGift Certificate, your account on The Met Store online will be credited with the amount redeemed.
- You cannot use an eGift Certificate to purchase items sold in our Mezzanine Gallery shop that are displayed online, including Met Studio prints, limited edition prints and books, and facsimile editions.
- The Met Store reserves the right to refuse, cancel, or hold Gift Cards, eGift Certificates, and orders for suspected fraud, or for other violations of Met Store policies.
- The Met Storeís normal terms and conditions apply to all purchases except where they conflict with these terms and conditions.