eGift Certificates and Store Credit
Purchasing an eGift Certificate
The Met Store offers eGift Certificates that can be sent via email. The eGift Certificates are available in denominations of $25.00, $50.00, $75.00, $100.00, $150.00, and $200.00. When purchasing an eGift Certificate, be sure to verify that you have correctly entered the recipient's email address as eGift certificates can only be redeemed by the owner of the email address entered. We unfortunately cannot redirect or refund eGift Certificates sent to an incorrect email address. See Terms & Conditions below.
Redeeming an eGift Certificate
In order to redeem your eGift Certificate you will need to sign into The Met Store using the email address at which you received the eGift Certificate so that we can verify the email address. When you are ready to check out, click on the “Redeem an eGift Certificate” link in the Additional Services area on the Order Review page. You will need to enter the claim code located in the email you received from The Met Store. If the amount of the eGift Certificate does not cover the order total, you will need to pay the balance by credit or debit card. If the amount of the eGift Certificate exceeds the order total, the balance will be converted to Store Credit that will then be stored in your account and applied automatically to your next order. See Terms & Conditions below. For assistance with your eGift Certificate, please contact Customer Service.
Terms & Conditions
- eGift Certificates may only be redeemed at our website, store.metmuseum.org.
- You cannot use an eGift Certificate to purchase another eGift Certificate.
- You cannot use an eGift Certificate to purchase items sold in our Mezzanine Gallery shop that are displayed online, including Met Studio prints, limited edition prints and books, and facsimile editions.
- The eGift Certificate has a cash redemption value of $0.001 and is not transferable.
- eGift Certificates cannot be cancelled by the purchaser of the eGift Certificate once they have been redeemed in part or in full.
- Any unused balance will be placed in the recipient's account with The Met Store and is not transferable. Your balance can be viewed at any time in the 'My Account' section of the The Met Store website, under Order History.
- If the order exceeds the amount of the eGift Certificate, the balance must be paid by credit or debit card.
- eGift Certificates and unused portions of eGift Certificates expire five years from the date of issue, where permissible under applicable law. Once the certificate has expired we are unable to extend the expiration date under any circumstances.
- The Met Store normal terms and conditions apply to all purchases except where they conflict with these terms and conditions.
- If you cancel an order for any item you have purchased by redeeming your eGift Certificate, your account on The Met Store will be credited with the amount redeemed.
- The Met Store will have the right to close customer accounts and request alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained eGift Certificate is either redeemed through the The Met Store website or redeemed and used to make purchases on The Met Store website.