Shopping at The Met Store
Yes. Customers can shop at stores at The Met's two iconic New York City locations: The Met Fifth Avenue and The Met Cloisters. Additionally, The Met Store has locations at John F. Kennedy International Airport and Newark Liberty International Airport. We welcome you to visit The Met Store retail location
nearest you. All US locations are temporarily closed at this time.
Yes. Purchase a Membership
in The Met Store for yourself or as a gift—and you or your gift recipient will immediately be eligible for a 10% Member discount. You may also make a donation
to the Museum if you wish.
Met Gift Cards can be purchased at any Met Store retail location. To check your balance call 888-529-6578. Met Store eGift Certificates are no longer sold. If you received an eGift Certificate and have already created an account on The Met Store website, your Store Credit amount will be available to use. If you are holding an eGift Certificate that has not yet been converted into Store Credit by creating an account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (212) 731-1498 to redeem.
here for full Terms and Conditions.
Terms & Conditions
- Met Gift Cards may only be redeemed for the purchase of merchandise and Memberships at Met Store locations (excluding mobile points of sale and store.metmuseum.org), dining at all restaurants at 1000 Fifth Avenue and The Met Cloisters, and parking at The Museum garage (located at Fifth Avenue and 80th Street). Met Gift Cards and eGift Certificates cannot be returned or cancelled after purchase, and cannot be redeemed for cash, except as otherwise required by law.
- Protect your Met Gift Card or eGift Certificate: the bearer is responsible if it is lost or stolen.
- eGift Certificates can only be redeemed by the owner of the email address entered during order placement. The Met Store cannot redirect or refund eGift Certificates sent to an incorrect email address.
- Any unused eGift Certificate balance will be placed in the recipient's account with The Met Store and is not transferable. Your balance can be viewed at any time in the 'My Account' section of The Met Store website, under Store Credit.
- If a purchase exceeds the amount of the Met Gift Card or eGift Certificate/Met Store Credit, you must pay the balance using another form of payment accepted by The Met or The Met Store.
- Met Gift Cards, eGift Certificates, and store credits expire five years from the date of issue, where permissible under applicable law. Once expired, The Met Store is unable to extend the expiration date under any circumstances, and is obligated to remit the value of unredeemed eGift Certificates to New York State.
- If you return an item purchased using a Met Gift Card in store, you will receive Store Credit for the amount returned. If you wish to return an item purchased using an eGift Certificate please contact Customer Service.
- You cannot use an eGift Certificate/Met Store Credit to purchase items sold in our Mezzanine Gallery shop that are displayed online, including Met Studio prints, limited edition prints and books, and facsimile editions.
- The Met Store reserves the right to refuse, cancel, or hold Met Gift Cards, eGift Certificates, and orders for suspected fraud, or for other violations of Met Store policies.
- The Met Store's normal terms and conditions apply to all purchases except where they conflict with these terms and conditions.
We are delighted to send any Met Store item as a gift, and you may select gift-wrapping and messaging services at checkout. We offer wrapping in our signature presentation for $5 per item and messaging at no charge. (Note that Memberships cannot be gift-wrapped.)
Please note that while most items can be gift-wrapped, oversized items (such as framed prints, posters, some sculpture, and very large children's toys) cannot be boxed or wrapped.
We encourage customers to review our products. On every product page, you can contribute your thoughts by following the "Write a Review" link directly below the product name.
Tips for Writing a Review:
- Focus on the item's features and be specific.
- Note that all comments are moderated, and subject to our
By submitting any content to The Metropolitan Museum of Art, you represent and warrant that:
- You are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
- All "moral rights" that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
- All content that you post is accurate;
- You are at least 18 years old;
You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
- That is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- That infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- That violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- That is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- For which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- That includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers;
- That contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
- That contains objectionable images, including but not limited to representations of nudity, violence, and other offensive, illegal, or inappropriate themes.
You agree to indemnify and hold The Metropolitan Museum of Art (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers), harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
For any content that you submit, you grant The Metropolitan Museum of Art a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.
All content submitted is generally posted within five business days. However, The Metropolitan Museum of Art reserves the right to remove or to refuse to post any submission for any reason.
You acknowledge that you, not The Metropolitan Museum of Art, are responsible for the contents of your submission. None of the content that you submit shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of The Metropolitan Museum of Art, its agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners or third party service providers and their respective directors, officers and employees.
By submitting your email address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that The Metropolitan Museum of Art and its third party service providers may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
Last updated July 22, 2014.
- We recommend that you do not include your full name as a nickname, or in the content of your review.
- We ask that you omit:
- information subject to change, such as pricing and promotion details
- inappropriate language, obscenities, and discriminatory comments
- advertisements, irrelevant links, and references to other companies' products, offers, or websites
- personal information, such as email, phone numbers, addresses, or other contact information
- We regret that we can only accept reviews written in English.
If you have other questions or comments, please contact Customer Service
California Residents: Proposition 65 Notice
We test our items used for serving food, including dinnerware, glassware, crystal, and metals, for compliance with FDA and California Proposition 65 requirements for materials such as lead and cadmium. In accordance with Proposition 65, for items that meet FDA standards, but exceed Proposition 65 limits, we issue the following warning to our California customers or gift recipients: "The materials used in some of our decorative decals, paints, glazes, and lacquers, or in our crystal, glass or metal pieces contain lead and/or cadmium, chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm."
Children's Product Safety Policy
The Metropolitan Museum of Art maintains its commitment to the highest quality and safety for the products we sell. We require that all manufacturers and distributors from whom we purchase children's products attest to meeting proper US government safety testing standards for products made worldwide. For children's products that are produced under the direct supervision of the Museum's Merchandise Division, we require testing by independent third-party laboratories to ensure that such products meet or exceed US federal guidelines. For items that we purchase and items produced under our supervision, we also require that all manufacturers and distributors follow product safety, care, and age labeling guidelines for children's products as established by the US government.
A user must be 18 or older to make a purchase on The Met Store website. We reserve the right to refuse, limit, or cancel any orders placed on the site. We encourage you to review The Met's Terms and Conditions
for full details regarding the use of the Museum's websites, including store.metmuseum.org.
Merchandise Product Pricing and Presentation
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information we present on our website. We may update, correct, or clarify descriptive or typographical errors from time to time. Photographs may have been enlarged or enhanced to show details. You'll find product dimensions under the "Description" tab.
We offer jewelry featuring colored stones in an array of different colors and styles, and you might find variations of color, variety, pattern, and hue. Learn more about
The Metropolitan Museum of Art Store's Colored Stones
Colored stones come in an array of different colors and styles, our jewelry may display variations of color, variety, pattern and hue which may be used in our jewelry. Nearly all colored stones sold at jewelers or specialty retailers, including those sold at The Met Store, are enhanced or treated using various techniques, many of which have been used for centuries. The Met Store's jewelry reproductions and adaptations use colored stones sourced through approved manufacturers with any or all of the following treatments and enhancements in accordance with acceptable industry standards.
- Bleaching: The application of chemicals or other agents to lighten or enhance color consistency.
- Coating: The use of wax, resin or oil applied to the exterior of a porous colored stone to protect the natural substance and improve appearance.
- Diffusion: The use of high temperatures and chemicals to create or enhance color.
- Dyeing: The act of adding coloring agents to enhance or alter color.
- Heat Treatment: The application of heat to enhance the color and/or clarity of colored stones.
- Infusion: The centuries old practice of filling a gem material with an oil, wax, glass, resin or other material, colored or colorless, to improve appearance.
- Irradiation: The alteration of a stone's color through the use of radiation. This is often followed by a heating process.
- Reconstituted Stones: The compressing and forming of small chips of colored stones with plastic resin and/or colorant to achieve color consistency, durability, and desired shape.
- Additional Technologies: Techniques for enhancing colored gemstones, either detectable or otherwise, are continually being developed.
Placing an Order
On occasion, we may run out of stock on items in high demand. Even if an item is out of stock, you may still add it to your shopping bag—and we will retain these items as "backorders." We will inform you of any delay in shipping that exceeds 30 days. Your credit card will not reflect any charges for backordered items until we ship them to you.
While we honor the tax-exempt status of eligible institutions, we are unable to process tax-exempt orders online. Contact our Customer Service
team for information on how to send us a copy of your exemption certificate.
We are pleased to offer educators a 10% discount on educational materials at the Museum—but unfortunately we cannot process this discount online. Our Customer Service
team can instruct you on how to send in your order along with a copy of an I.D. from a valid educational institution.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club, and Discover. You may also use online store credit in your account as a method of payment.
Shipping and Processing
Once you have registered online, you can check the status of any order by visiting My Account
. If you wish to change or cancel your order, please contact Customer Service
and provide your order number (which you can find in your confirmation email), or simply the email address that you used during checkout. We will be happy to help you.
Privacy and Security
to learn more about mail-preference options offered by the DMA.
. You may choose to disable cookies in your browser. While you may browse our site without them, cookies are required if you wish to register, sign in, place items in your shopping bag, or make a purchase. As long as you allow first-party cookies, you'll be able to complete transactions on The Met Store website. You may choose to disable other types of cookies while still enjoying all of our website's functions.
Yes. The Met Store makes every reasonable effort to ensure the security of transactions on our website. Read more about our efforts on
The Met Store makes every reasonable effort to ensure the security of transactions on our website. The Met Store is PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard)-compliant, which ensures security and protection of sensitive customer credit card information. To help address security concerns around your confidential data, our site is also tested and certified daily to pass the McAfee SECURE Security Scan.
. Privacy and data protection laws in the United States may vary from the laws in other countries.